Years Ago, February 27, 1947"
Park was entering on a very ambitious post-war program in the
spring. Park workers planned to enlarge and expand facilities
at the park for greater employment and entertainment for the
public. During World War II, many services were forced to be
eliminated or reduced. The item missed the most was food service.
A three-year contract signed by A.B. Davis of Warsaw would include
concessions for food covers at the lower and upper falls. A
cafeteria would be built into a building where the prison camp
had been, near a proposed swimming pool. The Glen Iris Inn would
also be updated and a flood control dam built near Mt. Morris
once 3200 more acres of land was bought by the government and
turned over to the Letchworth Park Committee."