"This statue of a CCC enrollee was dedicated May 31, 2003 in honor of the more than 3,000 men who served in four camps in Letchworth State Park between 1933 and 1941. It is 20th in a series of statues intended for placement in every state and territory the CCC were active in and is the first such statue erected in New York. Funding for the statue was provided by donations from The Friends of Letchworth State Park, CCC alumni and the public."
thank Stephanie Spittal for writing this caption for us. Stephanie
is currently President of the Friends of Letchworth State Park,
the organization instrumental in the creation and placement of
A Glimpse of the CCC in Letchworth Park
work projects in Letchworth Park