Our Letchworth History Photo Album

Photo 106


 Black and White Photograph

circa 1934


This image shows the main entrance to the Big Bend Camp, the first of four to be established at Letchworth Park. Located near the Lower Falls near present day Cabin Area E, the Camp boasted the finest entrance of all the camps. The ornates gates were originally the main gates of the Glen Iris Estate! (They did eventually return to the Park!)

For more information on the CCC camps, see our Glimpse of the Civilian Conservation Corp.

Image provided to letchworthparkhistory.com by Jane Schryver - thanks for sharing, Jane!


return to Photo Index return to Table of Contents