Real Photo Postcard
"Genesee Valley Museum
on Indian Council House Grounds"
This view shows the Museum which Mr. Letchworth built on his Council Grounds in 1898 to house his Native American collections and the Pike Mastodon. It was a "fireproof" building, with corrugated iron on its wall and a slate roof. Soon after the modern museum was built the collections were moved and the Museum building was torn down.